Fixing Error “This site can’t be reached [Err_Connection_Refused]” in Google Chrome is quite easy.
The problem mainly occurs when the user tries to open any specific website but it can’t able to load due to any of the given reasons.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) blocks a certain domain.
- Due to the wrong proxy setting and use of VPN services
- The website server is temporarily down or it’s not accessible.
- Due to Unstable Internet connection
- Firewall or Antivirus program blocked the specific URL
- DNS address mistakenly changed
That’s why here in this post, we are going to share some of the best solutions, that definitely help in fixing ” This site can’t be reached [ Err_Connection_Refused] ” problem.
So what are you waiting for, just check out the given below troubleshooting methods.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Method 1: Change IPv4 DNS Address:
Changing the DNS server of the Google Chrome browser is definitely the best fix to solve the problem of [Err_connection _ Refused]
- To do this, Just go to the “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Network and Internet” and under this option just select “Network and Sharing Center”
- Next, on the left-hand side, you will see “Change Adapter Settings” option, just tap on it.
- Choose your working network connection and simply right-click on it
- Go to properties and just select “Internet Protocol Version 4( TCP/IP4)” and hit “Properties” to proceed further.
- Here, under the” General ” tab, you will see an option” Use the following DNS server addresses”, simply click on it.
- Next, type the “Preferred DNS” and “Alternative DNS” address, here you can enter “Google Public DNS” or “Open DNS address”.
Google Public DNS: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
Open DNS address: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Finally, put the checkmark on the option “Validate settings upon exit ” and hit the “Ok” button.
- Now, just Reboot the system and check whether the problem is successfully resolved or not.
Method 2: Reset Google Chrome to Default Settings:
- To do this, just Open Chrome, Go to a new tab, type chrome:// flags and hit “Enter”.
- Here, a new webpage is loaded in front of you where you can see a caution message, don’t worry about it, nothing goes wrong.
- On the right side, you will see the ” Reset all to default “button, just click on it
- Now wait for a few moments and again reboot the system to see whether the problem is fixed or not
Method 3: Reset TCP/IP settings using Command Prompt:
- Go to Start menu, type “cmd” and right-click on the command prompt shortcut icon and select “Run as Administrator ” option.
- Now, type six different commands to proceed further, keep in mind that don’t break the order else you will get an error :
After this, just hit “Enter”, here you will see a lot of things popped up, don’t worry about that, simply type the next command.
Again press “Enter” key
After this step, you will get a message on the screen ” Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache”
Again, press the “Enter” button
5. netsh int ip set dns
6. netsh winsock reset
After this, you will see the message “ Successfully reset the Winsock catalog”
So, next just close the window and restart the computer in order to complete the reset.
Method 4: Reinstall or Update Google Chrome Browser To The Latest Version:
After trying all the above methods if the problem Err_connection_Refused or This site can’t be reached on chrome is not fixed yet, then just uninstall the previous version of the browser and reinstall the latest version of the same.
Steps to follow:
- Go to Control Panel, under “Programs”, you will get the option ” Uninstall the Program ” just click on it.
- Now, find and select the ” Google Chrome ” and hit on ” Uninstall ” button
- Once, it’s done completely, just download the latest version of the Chrome browser by following this link and install the web browser again.
Also see : Fix Pinterest website not working on Chrome
Method 5: Restart DNS Client
- Go to start menu type “Run” and hit enter
- Now type “Services.msc” and press ” ok”
- Here a new window is popped up on our screen, just find “DNS client“, Right-click on it and hit “Restart”
- Now close the window, and reboot the computer.
Also See : Fix download pending problem in play store
Method 6: Some other solutions to fix Err_Connection_Refused
#1. Clear Browser Cache:
- To do this, just launch a Chrome browser and click on three vertical dots, located at the upper top-right corner.
- Select “More Tools” and then click on “Clear browsing data“
- On the next page make sure to select the “Time range” as “All Time” and checked the boxes next to “Browsing history“, “Cookies and other site data“, “Cached images and file“.
- Finally, tap on ” Clear Data“, that’s it
#2. Disable or Uninstall Antivirus program :
Sometimes, you might face this error due to the Antivirus program because in most cases the program stops proper functioning of the chrome browser, So simply uninstall antivirus to check whether the method works for you or not.
Recommended For You :
That’s it, by following all the above methods, you surely abe to fix Error “ This site can’t be reached” error in Google Chrome.
But if you still have queries and suggestion regarding this post then don’t forget to comment below