Facebook Two-factor authentication or 2FA is the best feature to protect your account from unauthorized access.
It generally provides an additional security layer that kept you safe from hackers.
After applying it, User needs to enter a correct security code that they received on their linked phone number or on Google authenticator app.
However, many reports claim that sometimes users faced various different issues like Facebook two-factor authentication not working, FB Two-factor authentication code not received, and many more.
If you also facing the same problem then there is no need to worry as we are going to share several methods that help you to fix the issue.
Let’s get started.
Properly Setup 2FA In Facebook
- To do this, open the Facebook app, Tap on the three-line icon, located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, scroll down and tap on ” Settings and Privacy ” >> “Settings“
- Under the “Security ” section, You will see “Security and login “, Just tap on it
- Now, scroll down and tap on “Use Two-factor authentication” option
- Next, select a security method either an “ Authenticator app ” or ” Text Message ”
- For example, If you choose the “ Text message” then on the next step you need to add a “Phone number” or simply select it if already added and tap on ” Continue ” button
- Finally, Enter the 6-digit code that you received on your phone and finish the setup
Note: Always set up a backup method, so you can’t face any issue in the future.
To do this follow the below steps
- Tap on the “Recovery codes” option and now you will see 10 recovery codes on your screen, Don’t forget to save it in a safe and accessible place.
(Users can also use third-party authentication app like Google duo or Google-authenticator to get security code)
Fix Facebook Two-Factor Authentication Code Not Received
1. Wait For A Few Hours And Try Again
If you are receiving two-factor authentication codes through text also known as SMS then it means you totally rely on the carrier or cellular service provider.
And if there is any technical glitch occurs on their end then this might cause a delay in delivering messages.
That’s why I highly insist you wait for a few hours and try again.
2. Turn ON And OFF Airplane Mode
Sometimes, due to poor cellular network coverage issues, messages will not receive on your smartphone.
So try to Turn ON “Airplane Mode”, It surely refreshes all you network that probably results in better connectivity
Next wait, for 10-20 seconds, and after that toggle it OFF again. Hopefully, this easy trick will help you to resolve the issue
3. Use Printed Recovery Codes
This method only works for those FB users who previously set up the “Recovery code” feature in their Facebook account, and also noted down these codes in any secure and accessible place.
Without any difficulty, users can easily use any one of these recovery codes to login the account, In case they lost their phone or can’t receive a code via cellular text message or authenticator app.
But keep in mind that, you will only able to use each code once. Simply enter recovery code and you are good to go
4. SignIn From Trusted Device Or Web-Browser
Those web-browsers or devices which users designated as trusted allows them to login FB account without entering two-factor security code each time
If you are encountered with these types of issues while accessing the Facebook account, then try to login from a FB recognized web browser or device that you uses regularly to access this social media platform
Method 5: Contact Customer Support
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, then finally you need to contact customer support.
To do this, follow the below steps:
Note: For both FB app and website steps are quite similar, so don’t worry just follow the below tutorial.
- Open the Facebook website by going to URL ( https://www.facebook.com ) and enter username and password
- Next, on “Two-factor authentication required page“, Tap on “Didn’t receive a code“
Here, Now you see three different options
- Approve from another device
- Use text messages
- Other options >> “Send Request To A Facebook”
Tap on ” Send Request to Facebook ” and after that ” Login code approval issue” form opens up on your screen
Now, fill all the form details such as:
- Full name
- Mobile network
- Select the “Issue you are encountering “
- Next, write the short description of the issue you are facing
- Upload your ID ( Facebook gives you the various different option either you can upload photo id’s issued by the government, official certificates or IDs from non-government organizations )
Finally, tap on the ” Send ” button
That’s it, now sit back and relax. Facebook will review the information you submitted and get back to you shortly.
So don’t forget to check your email inbox for further information
Let me know whether the above-mentioned methods work for you in the comment section below. If you find this resource useful, do consider it on your social network
Here are handpicked article for you to read next
- 10 Ways to fix Gmail outgoing emails queued and not sending
- How to permanently disable TikTok account
- Fix Amazon Music playback error and not streaming songs
- How to fix Tinder can’t log in and server connection issue