Gmail, Google’s free E-mail service needs no introduction, It is arguably the most used E-mail service on the planet, loaded with tons of useful features.
It comprises an easy to use interface with a clutter-free design. Gmail always introduces new updates that help you to improve your productivity at work.
But as we know, since nothing is perfect and everything has flaws, that’s also true in this case.
Many times this email service gives users unexpected trouble, some users have complained that “Gmail Spell Check Not Working”.
Maybe this problem arises due to their web-browser which they use to access this website or Gmail is not properly configured.
That’s why here I am sharing this handy guide that definitely helps you to fix this issue.
Let’s get started.
Method 1: Enable Automatic Spell Checker Gmail
- First of all open Gmail and login to our account by entering username and password
- In the upper top left side, click on “Compose” ( + ) icon
- Now, a “New message” window is open in the lower right corner of the page
- Here, you will see a three-dot icon, simply click on it and select “ Check Spelling” option, that’s it
- Next start composing your E-mail and one’s done click on “Re-check” Option
- Now Gmail automatically scans the whole text and highlight incorrect words with a red color
- Next, just left-click on that incorrect word and you will automatically start seeing a list of suggested possibilities, Just select the correct one from the list or simply type it
Method 2: Turn On Spell Check In Your Browser
These days, many web browsers (Including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera) come with a native spell checker option that works perfectly and helps you a lot.
So I think this is the setting you probably want to enable.
Here we share a useful guide that helps you to enable spell checker on some most popular browsing services.
So what are you waiting for, Just get deep into this post
1. Enable Spell Check On Google Chrome
- Launch Chrome browser, click on the three-dot icon located at the top right corner of the page
- Go to “Settings”, On the left side under the “Advanced” option, select “Languages” option
- Next, On the right side select the “Enhanced spell check” option
2. Enable Spell Check On Opera
- First of all, Open opera browser, and type the URL “opera://settings/startPage”
- Next scroll down the page, until you find a “Languages”, section.
- Here, You will see a “Spell check” option, Press toggle button to enable it
3. Enable spell check on Mozilla Firefox
- Start by opening Mozilla Firefox browser on our computer. From there, tap on “Menu” button located at the top right corner of the screen
- Now Go to “Options”
- In the “General” panel go to the “Language” section
- Here make sure to Checkmark the option “Check your spelling as you type”
Method 3: Use Grammarly (Alternative Method)
Grammarly is one of the best proofreading software out there, You can easily download Grammarly browser extension on Google Chrome browser and it will automatically start detecting typos and other grammatical errors when you use it on number of different websites including Gmail, Facebook, etc
The software is totally worth it and if all the above methods don’t work for you then definitely give it a try.
Hopefully, these solutions will help you to fix “Spell check on Gmail not working”. The above methods have worked well for us.
Let us know if you found any other way that may be helpful for our readers, Looking for your feedback.
Like this post ….. Share it on social media