Google chrome is not only a web browser, it is something more than what we assume…..
That’s why it is the most popular and widely used browser among all.
It gives you an option to install essential plugins and extensions from the chrome store which improves productivity and helps to do work in an easier and faster way.
But sometimes its highly advanced features and functionalities are responsible for lagging and slowness in the chrome browser.
In this situation, you need to follow some simple steps which surely boost the working of chrome.
Well without further ado let’s take a look at 7 simple ways to Fix Google Chrome Slow Loading and speed up the browser.
Fix Google Chrome Slow Loading On Windows PC
1. Update Chrome To The Latest Version:
To fix several flaws and bugs Google Chrome launches its updates on a regular basis, so I recommend you to Go and check for the updates. If you don’t know how to update it then follow the below steps.
- Click on three vertical dots located at the top right corner of the Chrome’s window
- Go to “Help”>> “About Google Chrome”
- Here you can see whether your Chrome browser is updated or not.
Note: You can also download the latest version through some trusted websites like Filehippo, Softonic, etc.
2. Remove or Disable Unwanted Extensions:
Extensions installation is simply the best way to improve the productivity of Google Chrome but sometimes they may slow down the browser or increase the loading time of the web page.
That’s why make sure to remove or disable unwanted extensions that you don’t actually need.
Steps To Remove Extensions
- Firstly open Google Chrome and click on three dots located at the top right corner of the window.
- Go to “More Tools”>> “Extensions”
- Here you will see a list of installed extensions, just untick the “Enabled” toggle button to disable the extension or click on the “Remove” option to delete it permanently.
3. Delete Browsing History :
We all know every time users surf internet, a web browser saves their browsing history ( Except in Incognito browsing).
But I bet most of you don’t know that even this undeleted browsing history makes your PC slows down, so that’s why it is necessary to delete it on the regular basis. T
he task is very easy, you have to just follow some simple steps.
Steps To Erase Browsing History in Google Chrome
- Go to “More Tools” >> “Clear Browsing Data”
- Here, a new page appears where you have to select the duration of time and select or deselect some important options. For example, if you have your personal PC or Laptop and you don’t want to delete Remember Passwords then just untick the checkmark in front of it.
- Finally, click on the “Clear browsing data” button and that’s it.
4. Remove Undesired Web-Apps
Most of them are generally free and highly beneficial for us.
But I recommend you remove all unnecessary apps in order to enhance the browser performance.
Steps To follow
- Enter the URL “chrome://apps ” in your Google Chrome’s address bar or click on the “Show apps” button located at the top left corner of the Chrome window
- Now, you can see a list of installed apps, just Right-click on any app which you want to delete and select ” Remove From Chrome “
- Finally, give permission by clicking the” Remove” button and that’s done.
5. End Unnecessary Tasks Through Chrome’s Task Manager:
Do you know, Google Chrome offers its own Task manager and you can simply launch it by pressing Shift+Esc keys on your keyboard, before pressing these shortcut keys, make sure you are on a chrome window.
Now, select any unnecessary task that consumes high memory and click on the end process.
6. Run Cleanup Tool:
Do you know? Google has its own clean-up tool that helps you to remove malware or viruses which affect chrome speed and makes it slow.
Steps To Access Cleanup Tool
- Tap on the three-dot icon and go to “Settings“.
- On the left pane, you will see the “Advanced” section click on it and select ” Reset and clean up“
- Tap on “Cleanup Computer“
- Next select ” Find “
- Now you see a message ” Checking for harmful software “, this process may take several minutes to complete
- Once completed if any malware or malfunctioning extension are detected then you have the option to delete that program and if everything is perfect then the “No harmful software found ” message displayed on the screen
7. Turn Page Prefetch ON :
Do you want to load a web page at a faster speed, then just enable some hidden setting inside the chrome browser and it’s known as page prefetch.
- Go to “Settings” >>” Advanced”
- Under” Privacy and security “, tap on “ Cookies and other site data” .
- Scroll down the page and here you see ‘Preload pages for faster browsing and searching”, tap on the toggle button next to it to enable the setting
Also read :
- Fix Microsoft Teams Desktop App Not Working On Windows 10
- How to fix looking for incomplete download error in Youtube
- How to create and share playlists on Amazon music
- Fix download pending issue in play store
If you found this post helpful, then share it on social media.