Google docs is arguably one of the best online processor out there that we can use, It helps to create and edit documents on the go.
The tool comes with various useful native features including built-in google search, collaboration, offline mode, clear text formatting, add-ons, Voice typing, etc.
From all of them, there is no doubt that speech-to-text recognition is the most useful one because many people find it comforting over typing long text and saves a lot of time.
Although, Coming to the issue at hand, despite its popularity. A lot of users are complaining that sometimes Google Docs voice typing not working, so the issue led us to this guide.
Take a look at some solutions that can solve this error, Let’s get started
Fix Google Docs Voice Typing Not Working On PC
1. Reboot Your Computer
Have you tried turning your PC or Laptop off and on again?
Some users reported that they were able to get rid of the Google docs voice search not working error by rebooting the device.
So go and check if that fixes the issue.
2. Enable Microphone
The next thing to check is whether the microphone is enabled or not in your desktop web browser. Here we share a tutorial to do that in two popular web-browser Google Chrome and Safari.
# On Chrome :
- Open Google Chrome browser and tap on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner
- Navigate to the “Settings” and then click on “Privacy and security” ( Alternatively you can also enter the URL “chrome://settings/privacy” for direct access )
- Select “Site Settings” under “Permissions“, Here you see “Microphone” option, Just click on it.
- Now press the toggle button in front of “Ask before accessing ( recommended)” option, to enable the settings
# On Safari :
- Firstly, you need to go to “Preferences” by tapping on the safari button located next to the apple logo at the top
- Here, navigate to websites and go to “Microphone” tab
- Finally, change access to “Ask” and simply restart your browser
3. Clear Browser Cache, Cookies, and History
It is always advisable to wipe browser cache, cookies, and history periodically especially when any website or its features does not function properly. As it helps to increase the performance of your computer
- Launch Chrome on your computer and click on the “Menu” icon
- Go to “More tools” >> “Clear browsing data”
- Next, select the Time range
- Here, check and confirm that there is tickmark next to all three option “Browsing history”, “Cookies and other site data”, “Cached images and files”
- Finally, tap on ” Clear Data” and confirm the action
Google Docs Voice Search Not Working On Android
1. Turn On Voice Typing
These days, probably all of the android keyboards come with speech-to-text ( Voice Input ) functionality. However, sometimes the feature is disabled inside the settings that cause Google docs voice typing not working issue.
Here, in this tutorial, we share a guide to enable voice typing on Gboard, Although most of the steps are same for other keyboards as well
- Launch Google Docs app on your android device and simply open the document which you want to edit
- To see the keyboard on your screen, Tap on the plain area where you would normally type text, Next press on the Settings (gear icon)
- Finally, go to voice typing and enable the option
Note: If the voice typing option is already turned ON, Just disable it by pressing the toggle button and after a few seconds enable it again. Hope this helps to resolve the issue.
2. Force Close The Google Docs App
Force quitting can easily fix misbehaving applications and restore the app to normalcy, So that’s why it’s worth a try.
Follow the below-given guide to do this
- Go to the “Settings” section on your phone
- Tap on the “Apps” option to see the list of all Installed apps
- Select the “Google docs” app and tap on it
- Next, click on the “Force Stop“
- Once it’s done go back to the “Storage” section. Here you will see the two different options to “Clear data” and “Clear cache“, simply tap on the respective buttons to perform the action
3. Reinstall Google Docs App
Re-installing an app is a proven way to fix many kinds of issues because the latest version of an application comes with many new features and fixes that might help.
- Open Settings on your android phone, navigate to “Apps and notifications “
- Look for “Google docs” under “All apps” and tap on it.
- Next tap on ” Uninstall” and confirm the action by pressing the “OK” button.
- Now move over to playstore download the Google docs, relaunch the app afterward
Hope you find this post useful. Don’t forget to share it on our social media profiles.
Looking forward to your comment
Read other posts :