Are you struggling to browse the internet on your Windows laptop or PC, even after you are connected to a reliable wifi network and the router is also working fine?
If “Yes”, then don’t forget to read this post till the end because here we share the “7 best methods to fix wi-fi connected but no internet access” issue.
So without further ado, let’s get started
Fix Wifi Connected But No Internet Access:
Method 1: Reboot The Device
Rebooting can help you to fix wi-fi connected but no internet access, It may be the easiest troubleshooting method.
Sometimes network drivers and router software are not working properly which is responsible for this issue.
So without waiting, restart your PC and check internet access.
Method 2: By Fixing The Network Driver Issue
- First of all, open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the “Windows +R” key together, now simply type “devmgmt.msc” and press enter to open the “Device Manager”
- Once it’s done, find the” Network and Adapter” option and just tap on it
- Here simply select a network from which you are connected and right-click on it
- After that, you will see an “ update driver ” option, click on it, That’s it.
If this method doesn’t work for you then don’t forget to follow the other given-below methods.
Method 3: By Resetting Wireless Adapter
- Go to the “Control panel”, click on “Network and Internet” >> ” Network and sharing center “
- On the left side of the window, you will see the “ Change Adapter Settings” option, click on it
- Now right-click on that wifi network icon from which you are currently connected and select “Disable”. After that again right-click on it and select “Enable” to reset the wireless adapter completely
Method 4: By Executing Commands
If you are facing an internet issue in windows then use “netsh winsock reset” command to reset winsock catalog, here’s how to do this
- To do this, press the “Win+R” key to open the “Run” box, Here type “cmd” and press the “Ctrl+Shift+Enter” button simultaneously to run the command as an administrator
- Now just run the following command:
netsh winsock reset catalog
- If the command succeeded then the system displays the following message
“You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset“
- But wait, don’t restart your computer now, there is a need to enter one more command
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
- So, again once the command succeeded system displays the following message
“Resetting Global, OK
Resetting Interface, OK
Resetting Unicast Address, OK
Resetting Neighbour, OK
Resetting Path, OK
- Finally, restart your computer and check whether the issue is resolved or not
Method 5: By Changing The DNS Server Address
- To do this, type “Control panel” on the search bar and hit “Enter“
- Tap on “Network and Internet” and after that click on ” Network and Sharing Center”
- Here, on the left pane you will see an option ” Change Adapter Settings ”, just click on it
- Next, right-click on whatever Wifi-network you are currently connected to and tap on ” Properties”
- Now, just select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPv4) and click on ” Properties”
- Here, select “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter these two new entries
Preferred DNS address: 18.104.22.168
Alternative DNS address: 22.214.171.124
- Finally, checkmark on ” validate settings upon exit ” and click the” ok ” button
- Now restart your computer and check whether this method fixes the issue or not
Method 6: By Changing Power Settings
- Go to “Control panel”, search and select ” Power options”
- Here make sure that the selected power option mode is selected as ” Balanced”
- Once it’s done, simply click on the ” Change Plan Settings” located in front of the “Balanced” option
- Now tap on “Change Advanced Power Settings”
- Here find “Wireless Adapter Settings” and click on it
- Now, under this, you will see an option “Power saving mode” tap on it, and set both “Plugged in” and “On Battery” as ” Maximum performance “
- That’s it, now restart the computer and try to browse the internet
Method 7: By Uninstalling The Antivirus Software
Sometimes ” Wifi connected but no internet access” problem on Windows PC” also arises due to Antivirus program.
Thus, it is highly recommended to uninstall the Antivirus program, If a similar type of problem continuously arises even after trying all the above methods.
- 8 Ways To Fix Google Podcasts Not Working On Android
- Fix Microsoft Teams Desktop App Not Working On Windows 10
- How to create and share playlists on Amazon music
- Fix Facebook two factor authentication code not received
Do you still have any questions? Leave a comment below.
If you found this post helpful, share it on social media.