Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, both of these two are considered as one of the most powerful browsers available out there.
However after the release of the minimalist Firefox quantum web browser. The company claims that quantum consumes 30% less memory usage as compared to “Google Chrome” and load pages at a 2X faster speed from its previous version.
Not only this, but it also includes some smart features like “Pockets” and has inbuilt support for WASM and webVR that is simply great.
In addition, Firefox quantum includes many more customization options and also gone back to “Google” for the default search engine.
However in most of the testing and comparison, Quantum beats Chrome in terms of both performance and speed.
So if you are one who is planning to switch from “Google Chrome” to “Firefox quantum “then this post is especially for you.
Here, I share a guide to import bookmarks from Google Chrome to Firefox quantum. So without further ado, Let’s get started.
Method 1: Import Bookmarks As HTML File
- First of all, you need to export a bookmark from Chrome to an HTML file, To do this just open the Chrome browser, click on three vertical dots located at the top-right corner of the web page.
- Now go to “Bookmarks” and select “Bookmark manager” or you can also press the shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+O) to do the same.
- On the next page, simply click on the three-dot icon located at the top-right corner, and here you can see an option saying “Export bookmarks”, just tap on it.
- After this, just give a name to the file and choose a location to save it.
- Now, simply close “Google Chrome” and open the “Firefox quantum” web browser, just tap on the “Library” icon, located at the top of the webpage.
- Go to “Bookmarks”<< “Show all Bookmarks” or press shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- Here you will see “Import and Backup option” on the toolbar, click on it and select “Import bookmarks from HTML”.
- Now navigate to the folder where you save “Chrome bookmark file” and open it, that’s done.
Method 2: Directly Import Bookmarks And Other Data From Chrome To Firefox Quantum
- Open Firefox quantum web browser, click on the “Library” icon, located at the top-right of the web page
- Next, click on “Bookmarks” << “Show all bookmarks”
- Now, just tap on “Import and Backup” option located at the toolbar
- After this, click on option “Import data from another browser “
- Next, simply select “Chrome” and also select which items you want to import ( For example if you want to migrate only bookmarks and saved password then just mark tick on it ).
- Finally, click on “Next” and wait for few seconds and after that, you will get a message that import is complete, so that’s it
Do share this post with your network on Twitter and Facebook.
Here are a few handpicked posts, You should read next :